ManGo Travel

Travels to St. Petersburg and all Russia

+7 812 916 95 94

Skype: mangorussia

Thursday, 17 March 2011 14:24

Applying for a Visa

Written by
Rate this item
(0 votes)

Once you have the invitation, you need to make sure you have the other documents ready. Usually it's your

  • passport, which should expire not earlier than 6 months after your visa expires

  • 2-4 passport-sized photos

  • visa application form (available at the consulate or on their websites)

If you live in an EU country (except UK) or USA, you will also need insurance. Usually your credit card will have insurance that covers you worldwide -- if that's the case, just print it out and bring it along.

If you're getting a Russian visa for 6 months or longer, you'll also need an HIV test certificate (available at most hospitals).

Once you apply, wait for about 1-2 weeks and your visa will be in your passport. The consulate's fee is usually $50-$100.

We highly recommended applying for your visa in your home country rather than on the road – indeed, the rule is that you’re supposed to do this, although we know from experience that some embassies and consulates can be more flexible than others.

Trans-Mongolian travellers should note that unless you can prove you’re a resident of China or Mongolia, attempting to get visas for Russia in both Beijing and Ulaan Baatar can be a frustrating, costly and ultimately fruitless exercise.

Read 1466 times Last modified on Wednesday, 27 July 2011 18:10
Irina Sedaya

What the fuck?